The next "QUARTERLY WATER & SEWER BILL" we be coming out on or/about July 10, 2022. Please watch for these via "MAIL or EMAIL"
Click HERE for the official flyer
MERCERSBURG POLICE DEPARTMENT
113 SOUTH MAIN STREET
MERCERSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA 17236
TELEPHONE (717) 328-0150 FAX: (717) 328-3647
Part-time police officer position
- Act 120 training is required (Police Academy)
- Graduation from a standard high school or acceptable GED equivalency with transcripts
- 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Be of good moral character
- Physically capable of basic police requirements
- If served in the military, provide copy of DD214
- Must undergo criminal records check (not be convicted of any misdemeanor or felony)
- Must successfully pass and complete a background investigation (to include but not limited to medical/drug screening, psychological etc.)
- Shall be a citizen of the United States
Part-Time Officers are paid $16.80 per hour without benefits
The Borough of Mercersburg Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are available on-line at (www.mercersburg.org) or can be picked up at Borough Hall. Completed applications and supporting resumes can be submitted to the Mercersburg Police Department. Click HERE for the application to apply.
2023 Mercersburg Hometown Hero Banner Program Guidelines
Honor and recognize Mercersburg area servicemen and women who are serving, have served or given their lives to our country in the United States Armed Forces.
In order to be considered for a banner, the nominee must meet the following requirements:
- Lived in the Borough of Mercersburg, Montgomery Township, Peters Township or Warren Township at some point in their lifetime;
- Be serving, have served with an honorable discharge or died in the line of duty in one of the following branches: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, National Guard or Coast Guard.
**The Wesley Yeager Post 606 will be placing banners in Ft. Loudon and the Detrich-Brechbill Post 612 will be placing banners in St. Thomas, please let us know if you would prefer participating in their Hometown Hero Banner program instead**
BANNER DESIGN, TIME FRAME & LOCATION
Banners are 24”x60”, double-sided, vinyl material and include the service person’s name, branch of service, era of service and photo image. Banners will be displayed on telephone poles in the Borough of Mercersburg (along Main Street, Route 75, Loudon Road, and East and West Seminary Streets, Oregon and Park Streets) and will be selected randomly. Specific display locations cannot be requested. There are a limited number of locations available for the 2023 program. Applications not processed for 2023 will be put on a waiting list for the 2024 Banner Program.
Please submit an original photograph or high resolution image of the Hero in uniform to the Tuscarora Area Chamber of Commerce. If a photograph is submitted, it will be scanned and returned to you.
BANNER PRICING & DONATIONS
A $150.00 donation is requested for each banner application submission. The funds are used for the production, installation, storage and removal of the banner. Banners paid in full will be displayed for one year (Memorial Day thru Veterans Day). All checks should be made payable to the Tuscarora Area Chamber of Commerce (reference “Hometown Heroes” on the check) or to pay by credit card, call or email the Chamber at 717-328-5827 or firstname.lastname@example.org. (A 4% processing fee will be applied.)
Banners will be available for pickup at the Tuscarora Area Chamber of Commerce office after the display period. If you wish for us to hold onto the banners to possibly utilize during a later display period (2024/2025), we can accommodate that request. Unclaimed banners will become the property of the Tuscarora Area Chamber of Commerce. Any damage to an installed banner will be handled at the discretion of the Veteran Banner Committee. We are not responsible for weather related damage, deliberate destruction, or theft of banners.
CONTACT & QUESTIONS
For questions or more information on the Hometown
Heroes Banner Program, please call the Tuscarora Area
Chamber of Commerce office at 717-328-5827 or email
email@example.com. Email is the best way to contact
us. You can also contact Todd Sixeas/Carl Stokes at the
American Legion Post 517 at 717-328-2410.