On September 12, 2022 the Mercersburg Borough Council approved the following street closures, effective September 26, 2022 through October 1, 2023:
East Seminary Street will be one way eastbound between Main and Fayette streets.
Jeb Stuart Alley, between Magaw Alley and East Seminary Street, is closed to thru-traffic with local traffic allowed only eastbound right turns on Seminary.
The north and south side of East Seminary, between Main and Fayette, has no parking; except for four spaces on the south side extending from the Fayette corner.
Click HERE for the official flyer
MERCERSBURG POLICE DEPARTMENT
113 SOUTH MAIN STREET
MERCERSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA 17236
TELEPHONE (717) 328-0150 FAX: (717) 328-3647
Part-time police officer position
- Act 120 training is required (Police Academy)
- Graduation from a standard high school or acceptable GED equivalency with transcripts
- 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Be of good moral character
- Physically capable of basic police requirements
- If served in the military, provide copy of DD214
- Must undergo criminal records check (not be convicted of any misdemeanor or felony)
- Must successfully pass and complete a background investigation (to include but not limited to medical/drug screening, psychological etc.)
- Shall be a citizen of the United States
Part-Time Officers are paid $16.80 per hour without benefits
The Borough of Mercersburg Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are available on-line at (www.mercersburg.org) or can be picked up at Borough Hall. Completed applications and supporting resumes can be submitted to the Mercersburg Police Department. Click HERE for the application to apply.